We offer CEREC same-day restorative services (crowns, inlays, onlays) at our office.
We are pleased to offer our patients CEREC restoration services – a superior method of creating precisely-designed, color-matched and highly durable ceramic restorations right in our practice.
From simple fillings to full crowns to veneers, CEREC delivers the results you need in a single appointment.
Computer Aided Design (CAD)
State-of-the-art CAD software allows us to design every precise detail of your restoration with the accuracy you’ve come to expect from us. The software allows us to customize the shape of the restoration to exactly fit your specific clinical needs.
After examining the tooth and determining the course of treatment, we will prepare your tooth for restoration, similarly to traditional treatment methods.
Your prepared tooth will be coated with a safe, tasteless powder. CEREC then uses a state-of-the-art digital 3D camera to create an optical impression.
This digital image replaces the physical impression required in traditional procedures. No more long waits while a tray of impression goop hardens in your mouth.
Mill and Place
While you wait, exact design specifications are sent to our on-site milling machine to create your restoration. About 15 minutes later, your all-ceramic, color matched restoration is ready for placement. Your new restoration is then fitted, polished and bonded for permanence. Your tooth is restored back to its natural form, function, and beauty.
What are the benefits of Invisalign?
- The best part about the whole process is that most people won’t even know you’re straightening your teeth.
- Wearing the aligners will gradually and gently shift your teeth into place, based on the exact movements your dentist or orthodontist plans out for you.
- There are no metal brackets to attach and no wires to tighten.
How long do I wear my Invisalign aligners for?
How Much Does Invisalign Cost?
Oral Cancer & Oral Disease
Wisdom teeth are your third set of molars. Your first molars come in around age six. Your second set comes in around age twelve. Your third set or wisdom teeth generally erupt between ages sixteen and twenty. There are usually four wisdom teeth but some people don’t have any and some only have one, two, or three. The dentist will track the development of your wisdom teeth on a special type of x-ray called a panorex.
A few notes from your friends at Chemung Family Dental …
- At age 13 – 15 we will recommend a panorex x-ray to evaluate the growth and development of the wisdom teeth.
- If it is warranted, a referral may be made to the Oral surgeon for removal of the wisdom teeth.
- Our office will help you set up an appointment with the Oral Surgeon and send a copy of your x-ray to them.
Why do wisdom teeth need to be extracted?
You may be told that your wisdom teeth need to be extracted. This may be necessary for a few reasons.
- The wisdom tooth may be partially erupted and infected or decayed.
- A cyst may have formed around an unerupted wisdom tooth. This destroys the bone surrounding the tooth.
- A poorly positioned wisdom tooth may crowd or damage the tooth in front of it.
If any of these conditions exist, you will be given a referral to the Oral Surgeon for treatment.
What is an oral surgeon?
Most Oral Surgeons will have you come in for a consultation before the actual extraction appointment. At the consultation, you can discuss the procedure and options for anesthesia. It is a good time to ask the Oral Surgeon any questions you have.
What can I expect after wisdom tooth extractions?
These symptoms should last only a few days. The Oral Surgeon can prescribe medication (link to premedication page) to alleviate the discomfort. If you do experience postoperative problems that last longer than a few days, call either the Oral Surgeon or our office.